Friday 19 June 2009

The Hangover

Wednesday night. Chris, Andrew, Tomos and Ieuan. Showcase Cinema. Perfect set up for a comedy. And, boy, what a comedy it was.

The plot of the film is not original. Bachelor party gone wild, suffering the consequences the next day, and in this case, trying to retrace their steps to find their missing friend, and Groom-to-be, Doug. Seems like a typical comedy, really. With a few laughs, but not that enjoyable. But this film can be summed up by one simple line: "I'm not leaving a baby in the hotel room, with a fucking tiger in the bathroom." That pretty much sums up this movie - totally unpredictably funny, with anything and everything included, causing an absolute abundance of laughs in the process.

The 3 main characters, Phil, Stu and Alan, cause absolute mayhem while trying to find Doug, discovering just what they got up to last night. The connection between the 3 is hilarious, with Alan claiming most, if not all, of the physical comedy in the film, Stu with the sarcasm and the "no hope card", and Phil with everything in between. But really what steals the show is the abundance of one liners (Come on handsome...not you fat Jesus!) from everyone in the film.

To sum up, I would personally call The Hangover one of, if not the, funniest films I've ever seen, and I don't think I've laughed that continuously in any film I've ever seen, with maybe only around a maximum of 3 minutes going past without me chuckling at something. Hell, sometimes, I even laughed, and was the only one laughing in the cinema. That's how funny I thought the film was.

Riddle Me That.

9.1/10 for The Hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Were you concentrating?